Resume: Saad Faruquefaruque@gmail.com # +91-9739377851 http://www.faruque.org Cooke town, Bangalore
With over 12 years of ICT administration background and 7 years ICT infrastructure implementation experience in various industries. I enjoy focusing on systems design and integration. I always look for innovative approach to get the most out of technology and setup scalable and sustainable systems. With this in mind prefer fling myself in as a senior managerial/techno-managerial position in a growing enterprise.
Industries Worked in: Education, banking, internet service provider, online retailer, NGO, training, printing house etc.
Techno Managerial Profile:
I demonstrate strong leadership, organizational, communication and project management skills in my line of work. Management skills I practice in my line of work:
- Supervise and motivate technical team and by demonstrating strong working knowledge. Focus on better integration of technology in business with my systems analysis and preparing/refining system policies and procedures
- Believing in team work, having passion and taking ownership and responsibility with integrity and work ethics.
- Successful work/role delegation by training and team performing monitoring.
- Implementation of professional development programs to create resource backup team sustainability and staff motivation
- Analyzing and understanding business needs, future planning, technology budgeting procurement control
- Effective communication with good negotiation and presentation skills
- Appropriate resource allocation, time management, planning, focused to the goal and meeting deadline
- Use critical thinking and problem solving skills to find solutions and troubleshooting
I work and demonstrate strong systems integration and troubleshooting skills in the following area:
- Data centre: virtualization, SAN, system monitoring, environment monitoring and control, power backup, redundancy, system backup and recovery, server and service monitoring technology with escalation matrix.
- Server: directory service(ldap/ads), radius, operating system and core services: OS: Windows and Linux, update management, enterprise antivirus, Internet proxy,
- Network: LAN Switching, Advanced routing, bandwidth control, firewall, NAT, web content filtering, wireless network
- Unified communication and Collaboration: with Email, task, calendar sharing, document sharing systems and VoIP with video calls, IM, File and print sharing,
- Others core skills: scripting: PHP and Bash; security and network analysis tools for system auditing and network troubleshooting, web servers, database management, mail server, spam and virus control, SSH, VPN.
- Brief list of areas I worked earlier in my career, skills might not be current: OS: FreeBSD, Sun Solaris and MS Windows (NT, 2000); Networking: PPPoE, VSAT (Satellite link), DVB over IP, frame relay, Internet Dial-up Systems over PSTN using PPP; Point to point Radio equipments: UC-Warless, BridgeNet, Speed LAN, and Smart Bridges; Other services: SAMBA, legacy webmail systems Internet relay chat (ircd), chat room bots; Server Hardware: IBM netfinity, eSerice. Dell Business servers, CISCO: entry level Routes and Switch, CISCO PIX; Programming: C++ and Pascal.
Vendor Certification and Training Programs Undertaken
Certifications: RHCE (2006), CCNA (2004), RHCT (2004), MCSE, (2002), RHCA, (in progress)
Training: Redhat Certified Network Architect curriculums: clustering and storage management, directory service, selinux, security, system monitoring and performance turning, enterprise virtualization (2009-2010)
Completed RedHat Certified Engineer curriculum on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 (2006), Redhat 9 (2004)Microsoft Authorized curriculum in a Microsoft Authorized Training Centers on MCSE track (2002)
IT Manager, Stonehill International School (Aug 2008 to Present)
http://www.stonehill.in , IB world school (scale: 1000 users, 300 stations and 500 mobile clients)
- Direct and manage complete IT systems and operation for scalable integrated environment addressing operations and education needs
- Technical team building for ensuring sustainable developing human resource starting recruiting, provides in house training and followed by role delegation, supporting with procedures and guidelines
- Technology planning and budgeting for integration, expansion and hardware/software maintains
- Systems and Network administration: Windows and Linux OS, tire three data centre with virtualization and storage, redundant LAN serving, voice, data, CCTV, PA, unified communication system, systems monitoring, and backup-recovery
- Others services: Helpdesk management, systems-security management, enterprise antivirus, internet content filtering, learning and school management system.
IT Consultant, Council of International Schools (Oct 2007- Aug 2008)
http://www.cios.org (scale: can 1000 users, 300 stations and 500 mobile clients)
- Started working at the planning stage on development and setup IT infrastructure and integrating technology into operations and education
- Budgeting initial capital investment and five year expansion and maintenance cycle followed by sourcing hardware/software and systems integrators for supervised implementation
- Ensuring long term viability by documenting the system, preparing guidelines and recruiting systems/network administrators and IT support engineers
IT Manager, International School Dhaka (Aug 2005- Aug 2008)
http://www.isdbd.org, IB world school (scale 800 users, 300 stations and 500 mobile clients)
- Redesign and manage complete technology infrastructure and IT operation for scalability, addressing operations and education needs; technology planning and budgeting for integration, expansion and hardware/software maintains
- Technical team building for competent human, provides in house training and eventually role delegation by preparing procedures and guidelines
- Systems and Network administration: Windows and Linux OS, redundant LAN serving, data, voice, email systems, backup-recovery
- Others services: Systems-security management, enterprise antivirus, learning and school management system
Head of Network Operations Center. ISP, MTL BD (2004-2005)
Internet service provider http://www.mtlbd.net (scale 2,000 clients, 4 POP)
- Re-design ISP infrastructure for scalability and sustainability
- Supervise network operation centre and supervising technical team with systems and network administration, data centre helpdesk management and demonstrating working knowledge in system troubleshooting, training and supervising
- Plan and deploy expansions and Develop new solutions and services; introduced citywide fiber optic backbone
- OS and supporting systems: FreeBSD, Linux, MySQL
- Network: Routing and switching, VSAT links, Point-point radio link, fiber-optic backbone, link redundancy, bandwidth control, iptables firewall; and ppp, PPPoE for client access
Network Administrator (2002 – 2004)
Senior Officer, IT Department, BRAC Bank Limited
http://www.bracbank.com(scale 12 brunches, 600 users, 400 workstations)
Scope of work:
- Maintain and expand banks inter-brunch connectivity and support for systems and network troubleshooting
- Systems administration of operating systems and backup, server hardware maintenance
- Rollout new brunch IT infrastructure such as server, switching, connectivity, software, printer and backup etc. by meeting deadlines
- Network administration: LAN; WAN, Wireless link; DDN; routing, link redundancy and firewall with CISCO PIX
- Systems administration: OS: Windows NT, Linux, NT Directory service, system backup, webmail system with sendmail and IMAP Lotus domino server
My early career 1998-2002*
Systems Administrator (2000 – 2002)
ISP division of Tetterode (BD) Ltd. (Internet service provider)
Systems Administrator (2000 – 2002)
Neural Systems Ltd, Bangladesh (training institute)
Support engineer (2002)
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. Bangladesh (Japanese Consultancy)
Support Engineer(trainee) (1998 – 1999)
Tetterode (Bangladesh) Ltd.
Dhaka, Bangladesh (Publishing and printing equipment)
School and College Education:
Secondary School Certificate (Science Group), Government Laboratory High School, Dhaka, 1994
Higher Secondary Certificate (Science Group), Dhaka City College, Dhaka, 1996
Graduation Diploma in Business Administration, National Institute of Management, Bangalore, 2006. E-CODE-NMEPBLR 019857